Since I left the Helion OpenStack team, I’ve been helping companies–particularly startups and small/medium businesses–with Open Source, Technology, Community, Business, & the intersections between them. So far it’s been some of the most rewarding work of my professional life. I’ve worked with brilliant people helping them and their companies understand and contribute to free and open source software, as well as develop corporate open source policies.
I’ve been keeping it to one client at a time while I get my practice up to speed. Now I’m ready to ramp it up and add another.
Here’s a sample of what I could do for your company:
- Counsel and collaborate with company leadership on corporate open source goals.
- Define corporate open source usage and contribution methods.
- Develop policies for open source compliance and risk management.
- Train staff and leadership on meaning of and best practices for releasing and contributing to open source.
- Analyse processes and provide change recommendations for using and contributing to open source, including community growth and engagement.
- Develop staffing and hiring plans to support open source development, contributions, and healthy community engagement.
While my primary focus currently is consulting, I’m always open to hearing about full-time positions working in the open source space, be it leading open source software development as director or VP, managing open source program offices, or developing and growing developer advocacy and other community programs.
Contract or full time, I can help your company succeed with open source. Have ideas, leads, or just questions? Drop me a line. Let’s chat.